SOURCE: The Salon Bois Energie returned to Saint-Etienne for the 2nd time at the end of March 2012.
Traversing the outdoor exhibition, the trail was flanked by a large array of foresty and wood fuel production machinery that was not only on show but exhibitors actively demonstrated the efficiency and flexibility of today’s operating environment, cutting, chipping, splitting, pelletising and packaging more than 500 m3 of wood into a range of
different woodfuels over the four days of the Exhibtion.
Continuing along the wood energy chain, two Exhibition Halls presented the brightest and best in wood heating equipment from 19 countries for industrial and local authority users (CHP and district heating plants).
Key Stats for 2012*
- 11 000 visitors (7 000 professionals and 4 000 general public)
- 357 exhibitors and represented companies (exhibitors (282) and represented companies (75))
- 19 countries exhibiting (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxemburg, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, United States of America)
- 24 500 m2 gross surface area (indoor and outdoor stands)
- 11 500m2 net surface area (indoor and outdoor stands)
- 700+ wood heating appliances on site (boilers, fireplaces, stoves, ovens etc.)
- 32 wood heating appliances fully operational on site
- 350+ wood fuel production machines
- 30+ wood fuel machines operating
- 500 m3 of wood worked by the exhibitors during the Exhibition
- 4 study tours
- 50+ conference presentations